Pages

Thursday, January 30, 2014

FETC 2014: Day 3 and Hitting Our Stride

Thursday, January 30, 2014 - 1:30pm

It has been a busy morning. I presented my first workshop of the week this morning, and that always makes for a scramble to get ready. That's my excuse for getting a late start here and on Twitter.  I'll try to make it up throughout the rest of the day.

There are some great sessions on today's lineup, and a few that I consider can't miss opportunities. Here is what I'll be checking out this afternoon:

Exploring New Literacies for Networked, Self-Directed Learners and Makers with Will Richardson @willrich45 - 3:20pm in S310GH
If you have not heard Will speak before, don't miss this opportunity. I attended his session yesterday and had not planned on going back today. However, I have to hear more from this guy. He is starting the conversation that we should all be apart of - How do we fundamentally change education to serve today's learners.

Digital Learning Across the Curriculum with Eric Sheninger @nmhs_principal - 4:20 in S310EF
I missed Eric this morning because I was presenting my own workshop at the same time.  Like Will Richardson, Eric's is another can't miss session. Eric is transforming education at New Milford HS in way that should serve as a model for the rest of the country. Don't miss this one!

As you wander the exhibit floor this afternoon, make sure you take time to visit the folks at Remind101 and WeVideo. These are two products that I really believe in, and both companies want to hear your ideas and feedback.

I have several posts that already need to be written, to go in depth with some of the most important things being discussed this week. Keep an eye out over the next few days.

No comments: